Re: [ga] Letter from Roger Cochetti to Stuart Lynn

Danny et al.,

Below your link I believe I have quoted the appropriate language from;
http://www.dnso.icann.org/dnso/aboutdnso.html

dannyyounger@cs.com wrote:

> http://www.icann.org/correspondence/cochetti-to-lynn-16jul01.htm

The NC is responsible for ensuring that all responsible views have been
heard and considered prior to a decision by the NC.

                  (c) Constituencies or GA participants may propose that
the NC consider domain name policies or recommendations. If the NC
undertakes consideration of a domain name topic, or if a Constituency so
requests, the NC shall designate one or more research or drafting
committees, or working groups of the GA, as appropriate to evaluate the
topic, and shall set a time frame for the report of such committee or
working group. Following the receipt of a report or recommendation from
such a body, the NC may accept the report or recommendation for
submission to the Constituencies for comment and consultation, or return
the report or recommendation to the body from which it originated for
further work. After the report or recommendation is submitted to the
Constituencies and the comment period for the Constituencies has
expired, the NC shall evaluate the comments to determine whether there
is a basis for a consensus recommendation to the Board.

Mr. Cochetti's letter addresses a very serious concern for all IDNH's.
Improper transfer requests.  I believe the BoD and Staff will come up
with a solution to correct this problem.  The actual danger is that when
they do they will also put unnecessary and wrongful restrictions on
IDNH's right to transfer properly.  As a matter of fact had I reason to
be suspicious I would say this is a red herring created to do just
that.  But then again I have no reason to be suspicious!

Sincerely,
Eric