Re: [ga] observations from the peanut gallery

--- "William S. Lovell" <wsl@cerebalaw.com> wrote:
> [...] and I would hazard to predict the following:
as
> to any matter of substance that has gone through the
> Best Practices process, there will be no VOTES in
> which such head counting will really matter: the
> notion will either be so bad as to be rejected
> overwhelmingly, or in the final analysis it will
> make so much sense that only the habitual naysayers
> will have the nerve to speak out against it.

A valid and optimistic prediction, IMO.  But, methinks
it will be difficult to qualify "habitual naysayers"
on any given issue.  It has been my observation that
the majority of posters harbor their own pet issues,
with positions so cosseted as to be closed to
alternative.

I fear that the pool of "naysayers" will change with
each discussed issue, and that the resolution of their
concerns will never be possible, under the auspices of
consensus.

I hope I am wrong.

Sincerely,
Jason Graff