Re: [ga] Propoganda

At 23:07 26/06/01 +1200, DPF wrote:
>I have been nominated (and accepted) as a potential GA representative
>on the Names Council review Taskforce.

By whom?

<snipped>

>I make no bones that I see the main challenge as gaining consensus on
>how to advance an individual's constituency because I feel that is an
>issue which should have been resolved long ago.  The GA has given over
>whelming support on many occasions to this goal.
>
>Along with many I believe the DNSO is fairly dysfunctional and I
>certainly want to help identify ways in which we can improve, so that
>our input to the ICANN Board has greater credibility.
>
>Some people seem to believe that those pushing for an individual's
>constituency do so only so that they can push their own self interests
>by gaining a place on the Names Council etc.

The  person who has actually made such preposterous accusations is William
X Walsh.
What is the purpose of repeating them?
Are you supporting the idea that those who sit on the Names Council do so
out of  self-interest?

>  As I have stated in my
>biography I will refuse any inaugural elected position within an
>Individual's Constituency should one be formed, including being a rep
>on the Names Council.

The inaugural elected position is going to be the toughest.
What do you intend to do to help organizing the Individuals' Constituency
after the Task Force has come up with its RFP?

Last question: In discussions on the idno-discuss list and elsewhere, you
favoured an Individuals constituency made up of organizations rather than
of Individuals.
Will you promote this position on the Task Force?

--Joop--
Founder of the Cyberspace Association.
Former bootstrap of the IDNO (www.idno.org)
Developer of    The Polling Booth