Re: [ga] Propoganda

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:25:21 -0400, Sotiris wrote:

>> <snip>I'm happy to answer questions from people over the next few days,
>> but
>> then after Saturday I'll be out of touch until the final day of the
>> voting period.
>
>Where do you stand on the question of domain name definition?

If you mean with regards to who qualifies as a domain name holder then
my view is that anyone who hold either a gTLD or ccTLD name at the
highest level that TLD allows should qualify.

I've thought about whether people at 4th or even 5th, 6th level should
qualify and I am persuaded by the argument that the barriers to
holding a name at the highest level available are not great.

However the job is not to put forward my views.  When/if this issue
comes up on the Taskforce, I would see my role more as clearing
setting out what the options are trying to ascertain what is the
consensus of the GA on a preferred definition.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527