[ga] Propoganda

I have been nominated (and accepted) as a potential GA representative
on the Names Council review Taskforce.

At this stage no one else has accepted nomination but I'm sure there
will be more and hence we will have an election.  Unfortunately I will
be away from Internet access before nominations close and for almost
all the voting period, hence I thought it appropriate to make a
statement or two now.

From this weekend I will be in Sri Lanka (working unpaid for the
Westminister Foundation for Democracy) for the next ten days and it is
very unlikely I will have time or resources to access my e-mail.

My bio statement is at
http://dnso.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-nominations/Arc02/msg00005.html

I make no bones that I see the main challenge as gaining consensus on
how to advance an individual's constituency because I feel that is an
issue which should have been resolved long ago.  The GA has given over
whelming support on many occasions to this goal.

Along with many I believe the DNSO is fairly dysfunctional and I
certainly want to help identify ways in which we can improve, so that
our input to the ICANN Board has greater credibility.

Some people seem to believe that those pushing for an individual's
constituency do so only so that they can push their own self interests
by gaining a place on the Names Council etc.  As I have stated in my
biography I will refuse any inaugural elected position within an
Individual's Constituency should one be formed, including being a rep
on the Names Council.

I'm happy to answer questions from people over the next few days, but
then after Saturday I'll be out of touch until the final day of the
voting period.

Cheers

DPF
--