Re: [ga] Motion to Condemn the Propsed "theft" of the .BIZtldby ICANN

On 16:21 25/06/01, William S. Lovell said:
>I agree (with myself?) here, but disagree wholeheartedly that the sub-lists
>killed anything.  What is needed is focus, not a maelstrom as is the ga list

Bill,
again the sub-lists killed what we had worked out at the GA in taking one
of the aspects totally out of context and in implementing it artificially.

I am really amazed by the capacity of the people to doctorally repeat the
same discussions again and again over the years on the same mailing lists.

Danny wants probably as much as me - but may be not on the same agenda - to
make that GA achieve something. Roberto made it to vote on they way it
would vote. Danny pushed for something mixing a push with too many
explanations. I gave up and enjoy the fun... You are trying to do something
in a lawyer/pragmatic way... maybe will you suceed: good luck.

But the problem stays the same: with the international simplification of
the words into their opposite they have decided that they wanted to "decide
by consensus" wich is meaning while as consistent as "to run in spleeping"
or "making the water to burn".

You may succeed in explaining Sotiris (I failed) what a consensus is or
trade with him about a compromise deifinition (what would be absurd about a
consensus), the next newby to come on the GA will restart the question
again: "I want us to decide by consensus about the alt.roots (sic), where
to we vote?".

Jefsey