Re: [ga] Motion to Condemn the Propsed "theft" of the .BIZ tld by ICANN

Hello John,

Motions should be embodiments of things on which the GA has either
reached, or is close to reaching, consensus on.

There is no such consensus in support of your motion, nor is there
anything even coming close to consensus that resembles your motion in
any way.

Motions made without a basis of discussion, debate, and compromise in
the GA are not going to be successful.

Further, you know a motion like this would NEVER carry here, so this
can only be seen as grandstanding, which doesn't benefit your own or
Leah's cases.

Sunday, June 24, 2001, 12:01:31 AM, John Palmer wrote:

> As a member, I make the following motion:

> That the DNSO formally issue a statement of condemnation against the ICANN
> board for its
> recommendation to the DoC that they include a different version of .BIZ in
> the USG roots.

> That the DNSO recognizes that the only legitimate version of .BIZ is the one
> operated by
> AtlanticRoot Network/Leah Gallagos

> Who will second this motion?

Best regards,