Re: [ga] MOTION: Request for a GA resolution on an IDN holders' constituency (IC)

On 15:33 8/05/01 -0700, Joe Kelsey said:
>Joop Teernstra writes:
> > On 15:50 7/05/01 -0700, Joe Kelsey said:
> > >I am opposed to any Individual's Constituency which has anything at all
> > >to do with the non-legitimate so-called IDNO.  Please remove all
> > >references to this organization.
> > >

> > The Name is not important for the Resolution of the GA.
> > This is why I speak of an IC.
>
>I cannot support any motion that makes mention of the so-called IDNO.

If you can't even bear reading the IDNO in the considerans, then perhaps
the motion is better off without your "support".

>I can support a motion which talks in principle about an individual
>domain name holders constituency as an abstract concept divorced from
>the so-called IDNO.

Oh sure. We can debate an "abstract concept" for another year.
But there are  real people out there who want to be represented.

> > However, the history cannot be unmade and the history is part of the
> > considerans.
> > The archives bear witness to what exactly has been said and done.
>
>The history of the so-called IDNO is *exactly* the reason why the
>concept of an individual domain name holders constituency has gone
>nowhere for so long.  We *must* leave this history behind, exactly as if
>it had never happened in order to move forward.

That would be Stalinistically  convenient for those who stand exposed by
this history.
Sorry, but the nature of the Internet no longer allows us such convenience.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
Elected representative.
http://www.idno.org