From: "Kent Crispin" <kent@songbird.com>
To: "ga@DNSO.org" <ga@dnso.org>
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 19:24
Subject: Re: [ga] What makes a corporation?

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 04:54:56PM -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
> Hello Kent,
>
> Monday, May 07, 2001, 4:10:56 PM, Kent Crispin wrote:
> > I'm not sure why you raise this question.  As far as I know, none of the
> > constituencies have being a corporation as a requirement for anything.
> > The business constituency doesn't require it; as far as I know, even a
> > sole proprietorship can join.  [The claim that there needs to be a
> > constituency for small businesses is completely bogus.]
>
> The idea that big business and small businesses fit together is the
> more bogus claim.
>
> The claim that the existing structure is favorable or even encouraging
> of small business participation is nn out right falsehood.

The business constituency is open to small businesses.  The opportunity
is there.  You can't make people take advantage of it.  There are dozens
and dozens of small businesses represented on these lists, more than
enough to be extremely effective in the business constituency.

But then they wouldn't be able to complain about not being represented,
would they?

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be