Re: [ga] What makes a corporation?

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 03:33:01PM -0700, William S. Lovell wrote:

> I've raised this question with respect to my own situation
> as to what makes a corporation insofar as constituencies
> are concerned, and would like to suggest that it has little
> to do with whether party X has "Inc." or "LLC" after its
> name.

I'm not sure why you raise this question.  As far as I know, none of the
constituencies have being a corporation as a requirement for anything.
The business constituency doesn't require it; as far as I know, even a
sole proprietorship can join.  [The claim that there needs to be a
constituency for small businesses is completely bogus.]

> Three people huddled together in an office do not
> make the kind of corporation with which the DNSO
> procedures should be concerned.

Which procedures are you referring to?

[...]

> In any case, progress seems to be being made on defining the
> constituencies, and I thought it worth while to raise this issue as
> well.

Possibly, but it isn't clear to me.  Perhaps you could provide some
motivation?

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be