Re: [ga] Re: Suspension of Voting Rights

At 11:07 30/04/01 -0700, Dave Crocker wrote:
>At 06:13 AM 4/30/2001, babybows.com wrote:
>>   How can we solve this problem of inadequate representation
>
>The primary test of a serious constituency is its ability to self-organize.

"Serious" constituencies are then primarily those with a "serious"
financial interest in the DN registration business.
Those who do not have that, such as the Non-commercial or the Individuals
constituencies have a big hurdle to overcome.
Not even being "recognized in principle" by the Board makes the hurdle even
greater.

How easy to make them fail this test by simple financial exhaustion.

>To solve the problem of inadequate representation, a constituency needs to
>organize itself well enough to be representative.

Let us think about this for a moment.
The representativeness comes from how well the constituency is organized?
What does this mean? A Charter that is democratic? A mission statement that
attracts individuals or organizations of similar interests?

Absence of internal strife?

It would be most helpful if you could elaborate.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
Elected representative.
http://www.idno.org