[ga] STATISTICS

STATISTICS:

a. In the last twenty five days, 1333 comments have been posted to the GA
list by 75 people.
b. 10 individuals accounted for 54% of the posts
c. 15 individuals accounted for 66% of the posts
d. 20 individuals accounted for 76% of the posts
e. 25 individuals accounted for 82% of the posts

If our ongoing efforts are to be meaningful, and if we wish to be regarded
as a credible institution, we had better take action to increase overall
participation in the GA.    I am advised by the DNSO Secretariat that the
membership roster of the GA now totals in excess of 900 individuals - this
means that over 90% of our members have chosen not to participate in recent
discussions on the GA list.

I believe that it is time to proactively engage in outreach efforts.  I am
appreciative of the initiative shown by Jefsey Morfin and others to begin
conceptualizing an appropriate website for the General Assembly that can
also be used to facilitate outreach activities.  I would like to encourage
further continued efforts along these lines until as a group we are
satisfied that such a prototype site will meet our collective needs.

It may be time to discuss the possibility of a voter registration drive to
renew interest in the GA.    It might also be wise to reach out to our
Constituency representatives to solicit participation by their membership. I
am open to suggestions.  The need for increased participation is
self-evident.  What will we do about it?

BREAKDOWN:

Walsh		117
Meyer		109
Dierker	99