Re[2]: [ga] Repost: InternetStakeholders.com

Hello Sotiris,

Tuesday, April 24, 2001, 8:10:36 PM, Sotiris wrote:

> At the risk of being banned for excessive posts...

> L Gallegos wrote:

>> This is my personal opinion.
>> <snip>
>> Why would members of the GA object to this if the DNSO is not going
>> to provide that forum?  In addition, why would it be out of order to invite
>> people from this list (as the original invitees) to join the newly provided
>> forum?  It is not an abuse of the list to do so, IMO.  <snip>

> Leah,

> If the original members were *invited*, no problem... but they were *not* invited.
> They were signed up to a yahoogroup without their knowledge or approval.  This is
> technically a breach of privacy, and that is why it's out of order.

Not to mention that the message that was sent to people who were
subscribed to this unofficial yahoo group without their consent was
deceptive in that it was written to appear as if it was some official
list, and being run by a DNSO mailing list moderator.

The list title and the way the message was signed were clearly
deceptive.

Further you do not subscribe people to lists without their consent,
unless you were the list owner of the original place the list was
hosted, and you are simply moving it.  This was CLEARLY not the case,
the list was an official DNSO list, and this "yahoo group" is not.

That our GA Chair had some hand in this is rather disturbing.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com