Re: [ga] Repost: InternetStakeholders.com

This is my personal opinion.

Aside from flame wars and really petty differences, what bothers me
most about what is going on here is that if certain factions do not want
a discussion, that discussion will not take place.

I did not join the WG review as I did not have the time to devote to it
properly.  However, even though the report was written, it is very
apparent that the members wish to continue that topical discussion.  In
view of the DNSO discontinuing the list, those members wish to provide
themselves a forum to continue - in good faith - with that review.  It
would seem to me that it is not in any way a rogue move, but an open
and honest decision to offer that forum to those who wish to participate.

Why would members of the GA object to this if the DNSO is not going
to provide that forum?  In addition, why would it be out of order to invite
people from this list (as the original invitees) to join the newly provided
forum?  It is not an abuse of the list to do so, IMO.  It is also quite
justified, unless having the freedom to discuss issues and save the
volume to this list is denied to individuals.  If the discussion is archived,
it could be quite enlightening and valuable to the GA.

There has been a request for lists on several general topics.  I certainly
hope that no single viewpoint will prevail in determining whether those
list creations are meritous, but that if there are a number of potential
participants on more than one side of the issues, that they will be
created.  Lists are not difficult to create and can be retired if
participation is lacking.  I doubt that will be the case, however.  The
stated issues are important and on-going.

At this point I, personally, have debated further participation in a group
that seems to be determined to accomplish nothing other than status
quo, does not seem to wish to discuss anything they see as
controversial or in opposition to ICANN's existing positions on those
topics.  IOW, squelsh any opposing viewpoints whether meritous or not.
 It is rather like throttling full speed ahead while stuck in a mud hole and
elephants pushing the vehicle in reverse with the transmission set in
drive.  We get nowhere and burn out the tranny in the process.

For those who do not see a need to discuss the impending chaos on
the net, the reform of the DNSO/GA or having suggestions from the
Chair and co-chair for possible WG lists, my feeling is there is a
purpose behind the attempts to delay those discussions.  Oh well.  The
delays may just have interesting results and the perception that the GA
is doomed to a role of less importance than the non existent AL will
prevail.

I'm pretty much disgusted with the FUD, personal attacks, inuendo wrt
to "agendas" and the attempts to disrail any new thought or direction.

Leah