Re: [ga] "All roots" (Re: Additional Mailing Lists)

At 17:42 22/04/01 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:

>Moreover, I think the US congress should be informed, and that, for
>those of us in the US, we should encourage our congresspersons to pass a
>law to make knowingly attaching alternate roots or TLDs to the public
>Internet a criminal offense.  In other countries I think responsible
>people should take similar measures.

"And here comes the monkey out of the sleeve" as we say in Holland.

Thank you Kent, for fulfilling this particular advocacy role. (I really
mean this)
You may be right, or you may be wrong but to me you are proving that the
dedicated mailing list is indeed overdue.
It would be absurd to think that ICANN could remain uninvolved if  such
legislation would indeed be contemplated.

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
Elected representative.
http://www.idno.org