Re[2]: [ga] "All roots" (Re: Additional Mailing Lists)

Hello PacificRoot,

Sunday, April 22, 2001, 9:30:51 PM, PacificRoot Hostmaster wrote:

> Good explanation Roeland, but why don't we let Sotiris spend a little
> effort on his own. That's really the only thing that gives people the
> realization of truth in a sobering sense :)

> Sotirus can begin his quest here:

> http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/200102/05/eng20010205_61600.html

All this says is that the .cn registry has started a multilingual
domain registration service under the .cn TLD.

No mention of an alternative root deployment.

> and here too:

> http://www.cnnic.net.cn/e-index.shtml

Can't find anything about them running their own root servers here
either.

I remember the media reports of the threats, but I haven't seen
anything to back up claims that they have actually deployed anything,
much less started forcing people to use it inside their country.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com