Re: [ga] Re: Additional Mailing Lists

On Sunday, April 22, 2001 8:49 PM (AEST), Danny Younger wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> Please keep in mind my comment, "This proposed collection of lists will
> further be discussed by the General Assembly in the course of the next few
> days".  The lists that I proposed are only a suggestion, and I am expecting
> the GA to make up its own mind regarding the way forward with regard to
> these mailing lists.   You will note that many of the proposed lists reflect
> the recommendations (motions) already put forward by the membership.

Thank you, Danny.

Perhaps the GA membership will consider whether they prefer five:

(1)    [ga-ext]    External Relationships  (constituencies et al)
(2)    [ga-int]     Internal Processes  (list rules, elections etc.)
(3)    [ga-reg]    Registration  (whois, existing systems)
(4)    [ga-rts]     Competitive Roots  (alts & multilinguals)
(5)    [ga-tip]     Trademarks & IP  (UDRP & WIPO-2)

eight:

> a. Rules and Procedures of the General Assembly [rules]
> b. Participation, Website, Outreach and Education [outreach]
> c. Finance & Funding Support [funding]
> d. Ongoing DNSO Review [review]
> e. Individuals Constituency [ic]
> f. Alternate Roots [roots]
> g. UDRP & WIPO Recommendations [udrp]
> h. Privacy & WHOIS [whois]

or some other model.

As I understand it we are not just talking mailing lists but the whole Working
Group set up including Chairs and secretarial support.

Best regards
Patrick Corliss