Re[2]: [ga] "All roots" (Re: Additional Mailing Lists)

Hello Kent,

Sunday, April 22, 2001, 5:42:58 PM, Kent Crispin wrote:
> Alternate roots and alternate TLDs destabalize the name space, and hence

Prove that they destablize the namespace.

I see no evidence of that at all.

> Moreover, I think the US congress should be informed, and that, for
> those of us in the US, we should encourage our congresspersons to pass a
> law to make knowingly attaching alternate roots or TLDs to the public
> Internet a criminal offense.  In other countries I think responsible
> people should take similar measures.

Bullocks.  There is no justification for such a law, and no harm that
would be remedied by it.

--
Best regards,
 William                            mailto:william@userfriendly.com