Re: [ga] Additional Mailing Lists

On Sunday, April 22, 2001 8:32 AM (AEST), Danny Younger wrote:

> Having reviewed the requests of the members of the General Assembly,
> please note our expectation to establish the following lists:
>
> a. Rules and Procedures of the General Assembly [rules]
> b. Participation, Website, Outreach and Education [outreach]
> c. Finance & Funding Support [funding]
> d. Ongoing DNSO Review [review]
> e. Individuals Constituency [ic]
> f. Alternate Roots [roots]
> g. UDRP & WIPO Recommendations [udrp]
> h. Privacy & WHOIS [whois]

Hi Danny

I am sure you will find that eight mailing lists will be too many to handle.
It may be that (d) will overlap with some of the others.  You will also agree
that some of these mailing lists represent a short-term objective after which
they will be abandoned in favour of new mailing lists.

Rather that set up temporary mailing lists, for a limited time, I would
suggest that we consider stable, long-term mailing lists to which a
discussion "reference" can be made as appropriate.

Consensus, which includes the constituency structure, defines the GA's
"external" relationships both with the public and with the ICANN Board.  This
compares with "internal" processes.  As both include aspects of accountability
this does not need separate treatment.   There are, therefore, *five* separate
categorisations as follows:

EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
    ICANN Directors & Accountability
    Names Council & other SOs