[ga] Additional Mailing Lists

To:  DNSO Secretariat, NC Chair, and GA members

The proposed new mailing lists under discussion are intended to facilitate
work item proposal and development, discussion of work items, draft document
preparation, and participation in research and drafting committees of the
General Assembly.  It has been noted by the DNSO Secretariat that
"technically, there is no problem at all to open any new list", and that
problems to be expected generally fall within the realm of procedure:

a. date to open the list
b. date to close the list
c. posting rights
d. rules
e. person in charge of adding members
f. person in charge of rules compliance
g. person in charge of delivery reports, etc.

With regard to the procedural concerns, 	I certainly believe that another
ten days is more than a sufficient amount of time to resolve any outstanding
discussions required, either by the GA, the Secretariat, or by the NC, and
that we should plan on inaugurating these lists as of 1 May 2001.  Please
let me know if there are any objections to this timeline (which would allow
for a full month of focused efforts prior to the Stockholm meeting on a
variety of topics and areas of concern).

     As "the GA shall be an open forum for participation in the work of the
DNSO, and open to all", these mailing lists will be open to all - all will
have posting rights.   It is my expectation that participants on these
mailing lists will self-organize into committees that will determine their
own operational rules and will submit progress/status reports to the GA on
the first of every month.  When such committees determine that their work is
complete and submit their conclusions for final discussion and ratification
by the GA, the committee's mailing list will be closed accordingly.

     Having reviewed the requests of the members of the General Assembly,
please note our expectation to establish the following lists:

a. Rules and Procedures of the General Assembly [rules]
b. Participation, Website, Outreach and Education [outreach]
c. Finance & Funding Support [funding]
d. Ongoing DNSO Review [review]
e. Individuals Constituency [ic]
f. Alternate Roots [roots]
g. UDRP & WIPO Recommendations [udrp]
h. Privacy & WHOIS [whois]

This proposed collection of lists will further be discussed by the General
Assembly in the course of the next few days.    Please forward all of your
final comments as soon as possible so that we may move forward rapidly to
attend to our business.

Best regards,
Danny Younger