Re: [ga] vote appeal

Harald and all remaining assembly members,

  Yes but there were two separate ballots sent.  I got two for instance.
This was particularly confusing.  I understand that two ballots were sent
because Jon Weingerg dropped out in the middle of the election process.
None the less this was particularly confusing to the electorate.  As a
result the election was effected by this event.  I believe this is the gist
of eric's concern.

Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> Eric,
> repeated for the Nth time:
>
> - there were NO rule changes made during the process.
>    A lot of noise was made about whether or not we needed rule changes;
>    it turned out we did not need them.
> - the 10 endorsement thing was a result of the Names Council NOT changing
>    the rules from last year, and was never a part of the GA process.
>    You seem to be unable to grasp the fact that there were TWO processes
>    here, running at the same time: The GA process and the NC process.
> - your reading of the GA election process is wrong; there has never been
>    a requirement for a "whole other subsequent election for Alternate Chair".
>
> Your charges stem from your own inadequate reading of what has been put
> before you.
>
>          Harald Alvestrand, EX-alternate chair of the DNSO General Assembly
>
> At 17:15 11.04.2001 -0700, Eric Dierker wrote:
> >Yesterday I posted the following to this list and to Mr.Gaetano,
> >
> >  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc07/msg00580.html
> >I have received no response.
> >Today I sent a private email requesting some type of response I got
> >none.
> >
> >I looked to see if there was an objection or appeal process, there is
> >not one. There is absolutely no reference to 10 nominations being needed
> >to run for chair. And I think Mr. Corliss had all 10 of his lined up
> >when that was announced. hmm.
> >
> >I then looked at the rules and found this:
> >http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.GA-chair-election-rules-v0.2.html
> >SELECTION OF THE ALTERNATE CHAIR
> >
> >The same process as for chair is used, but the candidate selected for
> >chair is eliminated before the counting starts.
> >
> >(NOTE: This is likely to be a different candidate than the runner-up in
> >the selection procedure for chair, for instance when 90% of the
> >electorate
> >rank one person first and another second, while the remaining 10% vote
> >for a third. Re-running the process is considered more likely to select
> >team that can work well together.)
> >
> >This shows that there was no need to change any rules, the process
> >itself would handle JW's withdrawal. And that we are supposed to have a
> >whole other subsequent election for Alternate Chair
> >
> >  Then I looked at the watchdog list and found this;
> >  http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-watchdog/Arc00/
> >
> >Which shows the committe knew that they would change the outcome of the
> >election if they changed the rules, allowing for revoting.
> >
> >This is disgusting.  I can understand why these people do not want me as
> >alternate, but why did they do so much to get Mr. Corliss?  Could it be
> >his association with a competitor to ICANN.
> >
> >The clock is ticking I cannot ignore this!
> >
> >Sincerely,
> >
> >--
> >This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827