Re: On voting and appeals - Was: Re: [ga] gTLD Constituency

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Eric,
>
> And with Mr.
> >Crispin refreshed after coming off his election watchdog committee post,
> >wherein he
> >only contributed to three substantive changes to rules during one voting
> >in an election while
>
> Which three substantive changes?

Let us ignore the first nomination which was proceeding along before, the
procedure edict from the secretariat and Harald.
1. A startling announcement that 10 nominations were required.
2. The apparent though not formally announced overturn of that decision.
3. Alteration of rules after JW pulled out.

This is a slippery rock.  I was asked to stand on it I can live with
slippery, things are never quite as sure footed as you would like them to
be.  But you did not tell me that you were also going to be shaking that
rock, that is cheating.  If this group as a whole had not just suffered the
outcomes and irregularities of the AT Large elections this would not be so
painful. Had the WG-Review report not been so altered before being presented
this would be easier.

To add insult to injury there is a proposal that would put the same people
who did the above in charge of correcting those problems.

Yes at this time I object and appeal the decision and the election, it is my
contention that this election was illegitimate. It is further my contention
that the people who voted for me were denied their rights as netizens and all
that that confers.  If my right to appeal is not honored and handled with
dignity I will file a lawsuit in the Superior Court of California, San Diego,
Downtown District to enforce my rights and seek injunction and other
appropriate remedies.

Sincerely,