Re: [ga] vote appeal
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Harald Alvestrand <Harald@Alvestrand.no>, "Babybows.com" <email@example.com>, Don Evans <DEvans@doc.gov>, icann board address <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jeff Williams <email@example.com>, Sotiropoulos <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Bret Fausett <email@example.com>, "Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Eric Dierker <ERIC@hi-tek.com>
- Subject: Re: [ga] vote appeal
- From: Joanna Lane <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 01:13:43 -0400
- In-Reply-To: <3AD4EC36.27841.4025866@localhost>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Microsoft-Outlook-Express-Macintosh-Edition/5.02.2022
on 4/11/01 11:43 PM, JandL at email@example.com wrote:
If the election were to be held
> today, I believe the results would be the same.
> Leah Gallegos
I agree with you and just want to make absolutely clear that I seek only to
improve DNSO operations and correct operational flaws in the Election
process that have presented themselves recently.
I call upon our new Chair to add "Clarification/ Revision of Voting Rules"
to the GA's agenda for the coming year, for the purposes of agreeing
additional procedures by consensus, with particular reference to:-
1) Change in the Bylaws to enable the GA to elect it's own Chair and
2) Number of endorsements required for a nominee to become a candidate.
3) Procedure for appointing Watchdog committee and membership criteria.
4) Procedure in the event of withrawal of a candidate in the middle of the
5) Number of Ballots that may be issued by DNSO Secretariat and
circumstances in which they may be re-issued.
6) Appeals procedure
This message was passed to you via the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
Send mail to email@example.com to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga-full" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html