RE: [ga] collisions in namespace (was gTLD Constituency)

Apease is the wrong word, but acknowlegement that they exist, may be
appropriate.

> You might want to study a bit of history concerning the
> events leading up to World War II in Europe.

Irrelevent.

> >You seem to foster the notion that the Internet is made
> >up of fragmented name spaces which is not the case.
>
> Let's see.  My view is that we should ignore the
> independents; yours is that we should not.
>
> So explain to me which of us is worried about namespace fragmentation.

She is, as am I. The attitude that you espouse contributes to the creation
of outfits like www.new.net. Whether you admit it or not, they have the
force of a $20M bomb and 16,363,493 registered users. They are rapidly on
their way to becoming the 5,000 pound gorilla. They already have colliders
and they are on their way towards absorbing some of the other nacent TLD
managers out there.

> >It is a network of networks, all using the same DNS.
>
> Those folks who initiated independent roots are not using
> "the same DNS".

Actually, we are. My systems resolve all the same places that your do, just
a few more.

> By definition they have created a separate DNS.

Funny, I don't remember writting any BIND code for anyone else to use.

> It does not matter that some have chosen to operate as a
> superset of the IANA/ICANN namespace...

> In fact that "superset" claim is a
> myth, as is clearly being demonstrated by efforts to limit the choices
> made for the IANA/ICANN namespace.

Why do I bother?