RE: [ga] collisions in namespace (was gTLD Constituency)

<--- snip --->
> It appears that the basic argument is the same one that ICANN
> uses.  They are responsible for only "their root" and all others can
> do as they please.  The fallacy here is due to the fact that there is
> a singular name space which makes the technical argument one of
> fragmentation of that name space.  Once ICANN divides it with a
> collider, it is a done deal.  Then it's a free-for-all.  Technically,
> there cannot be duplicates of any dn at any level in the tree.  Since
> the goal should be that anyone can point to any root and not have
> to wonder which version of a domain they will see, and that ICANN
> is tasked with maintaining that stability, their deliberate entry of a
> collider defeats that task or mandate.
<--- snip --->

The statement above, "Since the goal should be that anyone can point to any
root and not have to wonder which version of a domain they will see", got me
wondering...

Can anyone name a site, a site of substance, better yet a public company,
that currently operates their main business or provides their main content
utilizing (advertising, promoting, etc.) a domain name in either .biz or
.web, and *not* the .biz or .web alternative root registry itself, that will
be irreparably harmed if the alternative root .biz or .web TLDs never make
it into the ICANN root?  I'm just wondering if there's anything of substance
happening over there in alternative root country.  Perhaps it's time to take
a look?

Regards,

Jeff
--