Re: [ga] gTLD Constituency

At 01:27 PM 4/10/2001, Christopher Ambler wrote:
>The point is clear - the gTLD registry constituency should
>include all those with pending applications that have not
>been turned down. I've made my points and you've made
>yours.

Your PREFERENCE is clear.  The BASIS for it is not, since you have not
provided one.

>I think it's very clear to all involved, and I have no desire
>to argue the point with you any longer. Much like others on
>this list, I'm going to take your advice to heart and just
>stop replying to obvious baiting and diversion.

Unfortunately this represents a common pattern in discussions on these
lists:  Someone puts forward a position and then, ultimately, fails to
engage in serious discussion about the implications and weaknesses of the
position.

The social contract for problem solving in public discussions is to pursue
matters for group understanding.  When a participant reacts to criticism of
their ideas by declaring that a critic is somehow at fault, the participant
violates their part of the contract, turning the process into one of pure
power rather than group understanding and consensus.

d/