Re: [ga] serious participation in ICANN processes

On Mon, Apr 02, 2001 at 05:40:23PM -0800, Eric Dierker wrote:
[...]
> > This is a fact.  Moreover, officers and directors of a corporation
> > always have a fiduciary duty to the corporation, a duty that is defined
> > in laws concerning corporations.
> >

> Said laws also clearly mandate a membership, in that we are talking non-profit
> here.

Sorry, that is simply incorrect.  Said laws do not mandate a
membership.  It is perfectly legal to have a corporation without
members.

> So there is a legal moral and ethical duty to have members and then
> excercise that fiduciary duty to them.

Nope.

> > > The GA is not
> > > to be dominated by, technocrats, bureaucrats, businessmen, lawyers or
> > > lobbyists.  It is a General Assembly not any particular groups Assembly.
> >
> > In fact, the GA is not dominated by technocrats, bureaucrats,
> > businessmen, lawyers, or lobbyists.
>
> This I do not know to be a fact.

Which of the above classes do you belong to?

--
Kent Crispin                               "Be good, and you will be