From: owner-ga@dnso.org [mailto:owner-ga@dnso.org]On Behalf Of
david@farrar.com
Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2001 11:29 PM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; 'jandl@jandl.com'; ga@dnso.org;
david@farrar.com
Subject: [ga] Re: Last minute changes to Verisign agreements

> I'm just printing out to read the letters. They may be in response to the
NC
> requested changes in what I am calling "section two" of the NC
> recommendation. I don't know yet.
>
> But, if they are in response to changes suggested to the stakeholders, or
> are clarifications to Option B, couldn't that also be good news?
>
> I need to read the letters, and am going off to do that now.

They are partially in response to the Names Council resolution and the
changes
do provide better benefits to the Internet community.  Whether enough to
make
the entire revised package better than the status quo is not something I
want
to rush to judgement on and neither should the Board IMO.

Many of us did not bother suggesting improvements because it was said in no
uncertain terms none at all would be considered.  If stakeholders had known
the "non negotiable" agreements were negotiable then quite a different set
of
feedback may have been provided.

There is now no opportunity for the Names Council or any constituency to
give
meaningful input to the Board as to whether this latest set of changes
partially or wholely meets their concerns.

DPF