Re: [ga] Re: Last minute changes to Verisign agreements

At 10:23 PM 4/1/2001, DPF wrote:
>The changes to the agreement are welcome but it would be a terrible
>public policy example to agree to such changes with less than 24 hours
>to consider and analyse them.

Given that the changes are directly in line with the public requests, what
is the purpose of additional delay?

Remember that our job is not to negotiate the contract but to offer comments.

>If Verisign will not agree to any extension I still believe Option A
>(status quo) is the safest option as at least with that we know what
>we are getting.

That's just a bit counter-productive, don't you think?

Alternative regularizes the contract, compared with other registries,
removes fee restrictions, now will add sanctions for misbehaviors, and so on.

What are the contractual benefits of the existing contract that could
possibly make it preferable to the revised Alternative B?

d/