RE: [ga] Candidate Questions

Joanna --

	I've posted on the GA list from time to time recently; FWIW, I
guess the last thing you may have read from me were some comments I sent
to Danny Younger that he was good enough to forward to the ga and
wg-review lists on my behalf.  Folks who want to know more about me should
look at my web page <http://www.law.wayne.edu/weinberg>, which includes
links to stuff I've written about ICANN and a bunch of comments I've filed
with ICANN.  It seems to me that the most important function of the GA
chair is to try to facilitate the work of the list through his
participation on the list, and I intend to do that if folks elect me.
(That surely doesn't exclude the co-chair playing an active role as well,
though.)  As I said in my statement accepting the nomination
<http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-nominations/Arc01/msg00009.html>, I
can't commit to attending all of the physical meetings, so I'll need to
rely on the co-chair for those.

Jon

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Joanna Lane wrote:

> Dear Mr. Weinberg,
> The role of GA Chair ranges from hi-profile to fairly mundane. While your
> qualifications are not in doubt,  I notice that you have not been active on
> the GA ML or filed any public comments for some time. My concern is that
> heavy commitments elsewhere will impact your ability to fulfill all the
> requirements of the role over an extended period of time.
> Question: Do you foresee managing all day to day GA Chair functions
> personally, or would you need to delegate some aspects to the Co-Chair? If
> so, which and to whom?
> Thank you,
> Joanna Lane

Jonathan Weinberg