Re: [ga] Option A -- "Divestiture'

Bret and all remaining assembly members,

Bret Fausett wrote:

> Alexander Svensson wrote:
> > ...the threat of a pseudo divestiture should probably be
> > looked at seriously.
>
> Picking up on this from the "[ga] Re: Board descisions" thread...
>
> ICANN posted four additional FAQs this evening focusing on what Verisign
> must do to obtain the four-year extension under the original agreement and
> what limitations, if any, might be placed on Verisign or the purchaser of
> the registrar assets after any sale.
>
> You'll want to review FAQs 4, 5, 6 and 7 from this:
>
>   http://www.icann.org/melbourne/info-verisign-revisions.htm

  I don't see that Option "A" in this regard is all that much different than
Option "B".  This meaning that Option "B" has no advantages of any
substantial nature to Option "A" in this regard.  Verisign can under
either contract option, can at any time re-enter the Registrar business.

> I won't attempt to summarize the points made there, but many of the elements
> described by James Seng in an earlier post about what Verisign would do
> under Option A appear to be realistic possibilities:
>
>   http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc06/msg01029.html
>
>      -- Bret

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827