Re: [ga] Option A -- "Divestiture'

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 20:58:09 -0800, Bret Fausett wrote:

>ICANN posted four additional FAQs this evening focusing on what Verisign
>must do to obtain the four-year extension under the original agreement and
>what limitations, if any, might be placed on Verisign or the purchaser of
>the registrar assets after any sale.

I am absolutely stunned by the litany of opinions posing as facts in
these FAQs.Perhaps it is a cultural thing but I am amazed that staff
who one expects to provide a neutral source of advice are acting as
partisan cheerleaders for these proposals and using their ability to
access the ICANN website to put forward what are essentially their
private opinions purporting to be facts.

In any company I know of, staff who behave in that way would have been
sacked.  I do not say this lightly but such behaviour as I have
witnessed is alien to me from professional staff.

DPF
--
david@farrar.com
ICQ 29964527