Re: $200 million (was [ga] Draft Resolution)

Roberto and all remaining assembly members,

  $200m is hardly a trivial consideration in any potential contract or
other agreement.  To Trivialize the $200m promise over a 10 year
span IF the "New Deal" agreement is consummated is paramount to
gross fiduciary incompatancy.

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Chuck,
>
> >I think I
> >can safely say that VeriSign would not commit to invest $200M in R&D and
> >infrastructure improvements to the .com, .net and .org registries if there
> >is considerable uncertainty about our future role with those registries.
> >We
> >are willing to commit to that level of investment with the added certainty
> >that Option B provides.  I also believe that this is the way any successful
> >business would behave.
>
> Absolutely true.
> I expect the company that will take over the Registrar business if option A
> is retained to invest in infrastructure improvements.
> Personally, I agree with Peter and you that the company doing the investment
> will have exclusive control on the priorities and will not let the whole
> world debate on what should be invested for. As a consequence, I tend to
> consider this point irrelevant for the choice between options, or at least a
> minor consideration thereof.
>
> Regards
> Roberto

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827