RE: $200 million (was [ga] Draft Resolution)

Chuck,

>I think I
>can safely say that VeriSign would not commit to invest $200M in R&D and
>infrastructure improvements to the .com, .net and .org registries if there
>is considerable uncertainty about our future role with those registries.
>We
>are willing to commit to that level of investment with the added certainty
>that Option B provides.  I also believe that this is the way any successful
>business would behave.

Absolutely true.
I expect the company that will take over the Registrar business if option A
is retained to invest in infrastructure improvements.
Personally, I agree with Peter and you that the company doing the investment
will have exclusive control on the priorities and will not let the whole
world debate on what should be invested for. As a consequence, I tend to
consider this point irrelevant for the choice between options, or at least a
minor consideration thereof.

Regards
Roberto