Re: [ga] Verisign Poll up in the Booth

At 12:50 19/03/01 -0500, Jonathan Weinberg wrote:
>         A point of clarification, fwiw:
>
>         Though the text of the two options on Joop's voting page is mine,
>I didn't propose that those be the two choices available in a vote.  The
>point of my message, a couple of days ago, was that the exchanges on the
>list had *already* taught us the information that a straw poll would
>generate: that maybe the list would reach consensus and maybe it would not,
>but that if it did it would be around "option 1."

Jon and all,

I understand the point, but the problem with a straw poll is that once a
consensus is apparent, other posters (I'm thinking of James Seng's valuable
posting) may not exactly be encouraged to post contrary opinions.
This is what an anonymous poll is for.

However, the results so far indicate that you are right.

May I remind all that the poll is still open and that your vote is sought.

--joop

The Polling Booth
http://www.democracy.org.nz/vote1/