Re: RE: [ga] DNSO Review

At 13:35 5/10/00 +0200, Roberto Gaetano wrote:

>Up to now, very few people have pushed for this thing happening: if the
>GA will not provide useful input, the chances of having any result at
>all will be even lower.
>
>Can't we simply mass-answer that we consider important that a WG be
>established, instead of keeping silent?

We can, but should that be limited to writing to this obscure list?
We have had a vote on a resolution that showed overwhelmingly what the GA
wanted.
We can have a list-vote to again , but as you said yourself, it is
unnecessary.
Do you still think so now?
People don't mind to vote, but they get tired of posting in the wind.

Can we blame people who now say: "I'ts all useless.
Forget it, forget the DNSO, forget ICANN. We are wasting our precious time."

Small illustration: I asked Dr Ramadass, one of the @large candidates in
Asia, nominated by ICANN's nomination committee, who is now guest on the
IDNO-discuss list, if he was subscribed to the GA@dnso.org  list.
His reply:
"I dont know what this is".

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--
the Cyberspace Association and
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org