Re: RE: [ga] DNSO Review

On Fri, 6 Oct 2000, Joop Teernstra wrote:

> At 13:35 5/10/00 +0200, Roberto Gaetano wrote:
>
> >Up to now, very few people have pushed for this thing happening: if the
> >GA will not provide useful input, the chances of having any result at
> >all will be even lower.
> >
> >Can't we simply mass-answer that we consider important that a WG be
> >established, instead of keeping silent?
> >

> We can, but should that be limited to writing to this obscure list?

[...]

> Small illustration: I asked Dr Ramadass, one of the @large candidates in
> Asia, nominated by ICANN's nomination committee, who is now guest on the
> IDNO-discuss list, if he was subscribed to the GA@dnso.org  list.
> His reply:
> "I dont know what this is".

Well, yes, strange. Who should we blame for this? The candidate or
ICANN? If the latter, I wonder what they *did* tell their own
candidates...

So, what to do? Follow Roberto's suggestion? I do:

**I consider it to be important that a WG will be established.**

At least something might happen then.