[ga-full] Re: [ga] disclaimer

On Thu, Feb 17, 2000 at 09:15:22AM -0800, Patrick Greenwell wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2000, Christopher Ambler wrote:

> > Harald, I'm afraid I cannot abide by this. If you want equal
> > treatment, ban them BOTH. But to ignore his request is to
> > fly in the face of the rules that YOU SET DOWN.
> >
> > I don't agree with the rules, but you made this bed, it's
> > time that you lay in it.
> >

> I must agree.
>
> Harald, you are displaying a *GREAT* deal of personal bias in your
> judgement.

Please recall that Harald has ignored my earlier formal complaint to
remove Joe Baptista on grounds that he has threatened to cause trouble
with people's employers.  That, to me, is a *far* more serious offense
than name calling.  He has already cut Baptista far more slack than he
should.

> There has been a request to filter someone based on  language
> that is well outside the scope of the supposed civil discourse
> rules of the list. If the rules are to apply equitably, they must be
> applied EQUALLY.

If anything, Harald is erring in favor of Baptista.