Re: [ga-full] Use of "loon"

[cc's trimmed]

No.  I object to the whole thing.

If I can't have that, I vote for the shortest list of criteria possible on
the grounds that the less time wrangling about challenges and such the
more time for other stuff.

And I don't accept the sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
argument.  Two wrongs don't make a right.  Those who oppose this policy
should rise above it, not invoke it.  And if it's to be invoked by anyone,
the fewer grounds available the better.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> So far, every single message I have had suggests that calling Joe Baptista
> a loon is language that should cause the utterer's suspension from the list.
>
> If that's a common opinion on the list, I will modify my judgment criteria
> accordingly.
>
> Note that the revised judgment criteria will also include a number of other
> words formerly tolerated; they are (in my judgment) weaker than
> "horse-shitters", but stronger than "loon".
>
> Is that OK with everyone?
>
>                           Harald
>
> --
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand, EDB Maxware, Norway
> Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no

                        -->It's warm here.<--