Re: [discuss] Notes - Names Council Meeting, San Jose - 062599

At 18:44 28/06/1999 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:

>I notice that the DNRC has posted a press release protesting the
>cybersquatting bill.  That points out that it is quite possible that
>the WIPO recommendations could be *better* for the domain holder
>than any particular countries laws.
>[...]

Such timing. Could it not be that the cybersqatting bill is intended to be
the stick that drives the internet community to embrace the WIPO
recommendations?
--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org