Re: [discuss] Notes - Names Council Meeting, San Jose - 062599

Speaking as an advisor to WIPO in this process, I believe this
argument-from-authority is an argument we should reject. The WIPO report
should stand (or fall) on its merits.  Cf.
http://www.law.miami.edu/~amf/commentary.htm

FWIW, I happen to think that the ADR (minus famous marks) is only a few
tweaks away from being an improvement over the status quo.  But these are
important tweaks.

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999, Kent Crispin wrote:
[...]
> The WIPO report studied this exact issue with a great deal more
> expertise than is going to be found on this list.  Frankly, I don't
> think that ICANN really has the option of ignoring it.  The basic

                    -->   It's hot here.   <--