Re: [discuss] Notes - Names Council Meeting, San Jose - 062599

On Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:21:23 -0700, Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 02:45:51PM -0700, Cthulhu's Little Helper wrote:
>[...]
>>
>> If the registrar operates under one country's laws, particularly if that
>> registrar is in cooperation with that local government, there's nothing
>> really stopping said registrar or government from saying, "Your rules
>> do not apply in our country.  We will abide by our own laws in this
>> matter."
>
>And indeed, that is precisely what is contemplated in the WIPO
>recommendations.  They *never* take precedence over law.

What about when they grant rights greater than what the law allows?
Or support claims that do not meet the standards of proof?

--
William X. Walsh
General Manager, DSo Internet Services

The Law is not your mommy or daddy to go crying
to every time you have something to whimper about.