Re: [discuss] Notes - Names Council Meeting, San Jose - 062599

On Mon, Jun 28, 1999 at 01:57:38PM -0700, Cthulhu's Little Helper wrote:

> Actually, is it even possible to form a minimal UDR policy that wouldn't
> basically read as deferring to each country's laws on the matter?

I have a trademark on "songbird" in the area of web hosting etc.
Even on my tiny scale I do business worldwide.  How does my tiny
business defend its trademark in Singapore?  A uniform DRP is a
requirement for new gTLDs.

People overlook the fact that the real beneficiaries of a UDRP are
small businesses.  Big businesses can afford the legal bills.  Small
businesses cannot.