Re: [discuss] Unofficial minutes June 11 1999 Names Council Meeting

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Javier wrote:
[...]
> In spite of the fact that we probably disagree on some policy issues, I am
> very happy to see you participate in this process and in the working
> groups. It is important that dissenting views participate in Working
> Groups, to assure that the output of the WGs is as close as possible to
> consensus.

I cannot resist noting that the suggestion that my views will somehow be
"dissenting" appears to pre-suppose knowledge about the conclusions to be
reached by these groups...

While I do not mean by this to suggest that the result is in fact "fixed"
in the sense of already having been written out, it does appear to reflect
an intelligent person's reasoned understanding of how the voting will work
out given the composition of the Names council.  Which is precisely the
problem, and why a focus on procedures IS substance....

                    -->   It's hot here.   <--