Re: [discuss] Unofficial minutes June 11 1999 Names Council Meeting

I am open to education on the structure of the Names Council, and Mr.
Sola's role in it.  Indeed I would welcome it.

I do not think that by debating anyone one approves, tacitly or otherwise,
of any of their actions.  Indeed, you have just been debating me, and I am
now debating you.

On Fri, 18 Jun 1999, Michael Sondow wrote:

> Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law a écrit:
> >
> > Dear Mr. Sola:
> >
> > Thank you for your generally constructive and open response to my
> > questions on what must by now be a painful subject.
>
> <et cetera>
>
> Mr. Froomkin-
>
> Your reply to Mr. Sola was admirably reasoned and phrased. But
> aren't you, by debating with him, promoting a fiction of which only
> he is the beneficiary: that he, Mr. Sola, is somehow an official of
> ICANN or its DNSO? Mr. Sola has not been designated the leader of
> the DNSO or its Names Council by any due or democratic process. How
> could he have been, when there have been no, or a minority, of duly
> elected Names Council members from the DNSO's constituencies to
> elect him?
>
> Mr. Sola has assumed a position of power in the Names Council by
> dint of an aggressive character and an indifference towards
> democratic process. He enjoys no expressed confidence by the
> Internet stakeholder community, but only the transitory and
> ill-gotten fruits of his mischief. By debating governance issues
> with him, aren't you tacitly appproving his illicit actions? Is that
> a wise thing to do?
>
> Michael Sondow

                    -->   It's hot here.   <--