[council]

Re: [council] DNSO NC Shanghai meeting agenda, October 29, 2002

Since I will be unable to attend the meeting in
Shanghai, I pass my proxy first to J.Scott and then to
Laurence.
I look forward to hearing more, and to the contact
details.
Have a safe trip to all who attend!
Ellen
--- DNSO Secretariat <DNSO.secretariat@dnso.org>

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20021029.NCShanghai-meeting-agenda.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010711.NCprocedures-v4.0.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20020926.NCteleconf-minutes.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20021003.NCteleconf-minutes.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20021001.NC-resolutions-vote.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20020418.NCprocedures-v7.0.html

http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20020919.NCdeletes-issues.html

>      Terms of reference
>        1. determine whether a uniform delete process
> by gtld registrars
>           following expiry is desirable, and if so,
> recommend an appropriate
>           process
>        2. determine whether a uniform delete process
> by gtld registrars
>           following a failure of a registrant to
> provide accurate WHOIS
>           information upon request is desirable, and
> if so, recommend an
>           appropriate process
>        3. determine whether a uniform delete and
> re-allocation process by
>           gtld registries following receipt of a
> delete command from a
>           registrar is desirable, and if so,
> recommend an appropriate
>           process
>        4. determine whether a uniform process for
> reversing errors in
>           renewal commands without requiring a
> delete operation is
>           desirable, and if so, recommend an
> appropriate process
>
>      Process
>        1. task force members from each constituency
> due 17 Oct 2002 (10 days
>           after 7 Oct 02)
>        2. open public comments on the topic for 20
> days beginning 14 Oct
>           2002
>        3. constituency position statements due 8 Nov
> 2002 (35 days after 3
>           Oct 02)
>        4. Preliminary Task Force Report due 15 Nov
> 2002 - Task Force Report
>           due 25 Nov 2002
>        5. Public comment period from 25 Nov 2002
> until 16 Dec 2002 (20 days)
>        6. Final Task Force Report due 26 Dec 2002 -
> Council to review report
>           at meeting around 5 Jan 2003
>        7. Board Report due around 10 Jan 2003
>
>      Current Task Force Membership
>         o Jordyn Buchanan (Registry constituency
> rep, and initial chair)
>         o Adam Peake (Non-commercial org
> constituency rep)
>         o Bret Fausett (Business constituency rep)
>         o as of 14 Oct still waiting for ccTLDs,
> Intellectual Property,
>           Registrars, ISPs to nominate)
>         o up to 3 additional reps (recommend one
> from the individual
>           registrant /GA community)
>
>      Resolution for the Names Council to approve the
> terms of reference and
>      initial membership.
>
>   5. Transfers Task Force [for discussion - 30 mins]
>      - review task force report and recommendations
>
>   6. WHOIS Task Force [for discussion - 30 mins]

=== message truncated ===