[council]

RE: [council] Conference fees as revenue source

Hi!

I'm try to understand the position of Harold, and the problem is not the
Non-Commercial Organizations, is more possible that development countries
have more problem's with paid some "costs", but is not impossible.

Bruce Tonkin wrote: "From my observations of recent ICANN meetings, I have
seen members of
non-commercial participants travel long distances internationally and
staying in 5-star hotels, and eating at expensive local restaurants. These
people have often been sponsored via various grants and Universities (I have
asked them). "...

I say... that is is real, but not all non-commercial participants have this
opportunity because have money, in some cases the Salzburg Programm help-us
(me one-time) to travel to the conferences. In another cases are big
non-commercial organizations that can help another's people, but this is
only sometimes and for somepeople.

Maybe the problems' are not the "funds" for the conferences, maybe the
icann organization need to take the "costs" of this conferences (all the
costs), because the Name Council representants, are members of the
"structure of the icann".

When i can't paid the bill of something and be impossible to continues with
a active participation in the Name Council as a representative of
non-commercial organizations, i ask for help, and  maybe someone from
anothers constituencies or organizations can help-us.

But now is more important work (together) in complete the  vision of the
Process of Icann Reform by Name Council.

Erick Iriarte