[council]

Re: [council] Re: Fwd: Security meeting - more details

> From owner-council@dnso.org Wed Oct  3 20:23 MET 2001
> Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 19:21:08 +0100
> From: "Paul M. Kane" <Paul.Kane@REACTO.com>
> To: "M. Stuart Lynn" <lynn@icann.org>
> CC: names council <council@dnso.org>
> Subject: [council] Re: Fwd: Security meeting - more details
>
> Stuart
>
> Thanks for sending me a copy of your email to the NC... I have been
> "excluded" from receiving NC emails list since 8th September in
> Montevideo....

Paul,

I reassure you, it is just the Names Council procedure.
You were "excluded" as all candidates to the ICANN Board which
are also on the Names Council.

Just prior to the NC vote to elect an ICANN Board director,
on Sep 8th, Montevideo afternoon, the public access to
archives of council list were stopped. The reason is that during vote
the results of subsequent ballots are provided to the council
list, and it must not be known outside of the Names Council voters.
The rule ("rule" in the meaning "tradition established over time" in 1999,
nothing written) is the access to council archives is re-open when
ICANN does acknowledge to the DNSO Secretariat / Names Council the new
elected director has been accepted by the Board. In absence of such
notification, the archives will re-open anyway on 1st October.

The Secretariat did re-open the archives of council
list exactly on time, but we are very sorry that re-modification
of council list was delayed until today.

With regard to acknowledgement by ICANN of new elected Board Director
- my feeling is that it should be formalized better, and the time
for opening of public records shortened.

I suggest that this procedure be on the NC agenda for subsequent election.

Best regards,
Elisabeth