[council]

Re: [council] Petition

Fellow Names Council members:
It seems that the registrar constituency is unable to agree among
themselves on the proper policy for handling registration transfers.
Not only that but, the policy issue of transfering registrations
is something that involves all constituencies. Certainly the user
constituencies - B&C, NCDNHC, and IP - have a significant stake in
how this issue is handled, as well as the suppliers.

May I as a NC member formally request that a Working Group
on this policy be created?

--MM

>>> <DannyYounger@cs.com> 10/03/01 05:23PM >>>
First, I have no reason to believe that the Registrar constituency will be
capable of internally resolving this issue.
Second, only a consensus policy can bind all participants within the ICANN
process.
Third, the registrant community needs this issue resolved in a timely manner.