[council]

Re: [council] Task Forces and diversity

Philip,

I respectifuly disagree with the last statement:
> to set up this TF. I believe that the Chair worked hard to embrace
> geographical diversity but was of course subject to the limitation of
> the nominees received. In this case I believe diversity has been created
> in other ways - by the expertise on the issues.

I provided 4 candidates lawyers from ccTLD group, from 3 continents,
-- nobody else provided such geographic diversity, and the Chairs
had choice. The expertise in UDRP and Internet is related to the diversity
of various countries.

I maintain my objection to the composition of UDRP TF - this group
is not international.

Therefore I move a motion to the amendment we voted:
   http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010706.NCprocedures-amendment.html

To be added to 3.3:

   h) the geographic diversity of TF must be granted, no one
      geographic region may be represented by more than one third
      of members in any TF

To be added to 3.5:

   The variations does not apply to the geographic diversity.

Elisabeth Porteneuve
ccTLD NC rep